Supply Chain Manager
Are you an experienced Supply Chain Manager? Are you constantly looking for opportunities to lift the logistic- and procurement process to a next level? And last but not least do you want to use your “roll up your sleeves” attitude to speed up the energy transition?
Then this opportunity might be just right for you!
Sungevity is one of the world’s leading and fastest growing residential solar companies. Our success tracks to three priorities.
- We are obsessed with customer service and are committed to making the happiest customers in our, or any, industry.
- We are a technology-led business, well known for inventing Remote Solar Design, and leading the solar industry with software innovations that make going solar easier and cheaper.
- Our business is designed to partner and grow with leading organizations.
Sungevity’s international office is based in Amsterdam, from where new international business is being developed and a fast growing team of about 180 people, works energetically on the Rooftop Revolution.
As Supply Chain Manager your first priority will be to further develop the operational process and take it to the next level. This is necessary to realise our year on year 2 times growth goal. You will formulate a strategy and are also responsible for the execution of this strategy. Besides lifting the operational process, there is also a role for you in procurement. You will take the lead in setting up and managing all agreements and purchase arrangements with the suppliers of Sungevity in Europe.
In short the Supply Chain Manager:
- Is operationally responsible for the supply chain in the Netherlands, Belgium and Italy
- Develops and improves the logistic and procurement processes at different levels
- Sets up a long term strategy for the supply chain which facilitates our big growth ambitions
- Takes care of the best- and sustainable procurement conditions for our organization
- Selects and implements a new software package for our own stock tracking
- Leads and steers the logistics team
Are you the person we are looking for?
We are looking for somebody with a fundamental understanding and/or excitement for the growing global solar photovoltaic industry. Solar industry experience is preferred but not strictly necessary. Essential requirements include:
- >5 years experience in supply chain management and in managing logistic flows
- A bachelor or master degree
- Dutch and English language at professional proficiency, in our Sungevity office we communicate in both Dutch and English
- Open minded team player who is proactive and self-starting
- Experience with leading and steering people
- Broad experience with process documentation, standardization, SLA implementation, performance contracts, policies and risk reduction
- Proficiency in supplier-management process formulation and process improvement
- Data gathering, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience with different types of planning, inventory management and ERP software
- Experience in purchasing of and negotiation on hardware
- Building relationships with key internal and external customers, based on trust and confidence
- Strong communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key supply-planning concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Ability to make a long term strategic plan for this role and execute on that
- Experience with setting up a greenfield logistics operation for warehousing and transporting of goods from mostly Asia to Europe is a plus
- Experience with LEAN Six Sigma methodology is a plus
What we offer
- A versatile, independent and challenging job
- A full-time contract with appropriate salary
- Working in a mission-driven business where social commitment and a drive for top-notch professional execution and realism go hand in hand
- A very international and informal work environment with pretty awesome colleagues from 15+ different nationalities