IT Business Analyst
Sungevity is a leading solar panel company operating in The Netherlands and Belgium. To support our growth, Sungevity’s IT team is looking for a Business Analyst.
Do you like to fully immerse yourself in a specific part of a process to find ways to improve it? Do you like to help the company implement a solution, and keep IT and the business aligned during that project? And, last but not least, do you want to play an important role in speeding up the energy-transition? Then this opportunity might be for you!
Sungevity’s international office is based in the north of Amsterdam. From there a growing team of about 150 people work energetically on the Rooftop Revolution. Our culture is fast-paced, passionate and fun. We’re prepared for the fact that no two days will be similar on this adventure, and we’re committed to make the most of our opportunity, ourselves and each other.
The IT-team has great humor (really we do). We support each other, and we love to learn from each other. We like to hang out together: when there is no pandemic, we go for drinks or do other fun activities.
What to expect of the IT department?
Our IT department consists of three teams:
- Helpdesk/application management
- Software development
- Solution development
The business analyst will be part of the solution development team (3 analysts). The whole IT department has 17 members, consisting of 8 nationalities! We work in an agile way, aiming to keep the time between designing a solution and having it online as short as possible. We prefer simple over complicated solutions. The IT department is self-organizing, and we expect you to actively participate in improving the team and our way of working. The IT department is active in all parts of our business, from sales to installations, from customer portal to Solar-system performance monitoring. You will be supported by, and reporting to the CTO in this role.
- Assist the business in defining and analyzing their problem when they visit you with a business-improvement request. Help the business in defining clear requirements for a solution;
- Come up with your own ideas on how to better support the business-processes and how these processes can be automated;
- Create multiple potential solutions for strategic and operational improvements;
- Investigate existing solutions or platforms that could solve the business-problem;
- If it’s decided to build software ourselves to solve a problem, help the software development team in designing the solution and creating user stories;
- Support colleagues during the process of solution implementation;
- Keep the business and the IT-department aligned and on board during these projects.
- HBO/WO thinking and working level;
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar position;
- You communicate easily and prefer simplicity over complexity;
- You’re able to work independently;
- Good understanding and experience of how IT can be used to solve business problems;
- Experience as a project manager would be a pré;
- When you perceive you have the solution to a problem, you engage with team members to validate and generate more ideas before acting on your first thought;
- Able to communicate effectively in English;
- You are able to speak with people across all levels of the organization to better understand the problem, or explain the chosen solution.
- A versatile, independent and challenging job;
- A salary within this range: 3000 EUR – 4000 EUR (medior) or 4000 EUR - 5000 EUR (senior) based on full time employment and depending on your experience;
- A collective pension scheme;
- Working in a mission-driven business where social commitment and a drive for top-notch professional execution and realism go hand in hand;
- Heaps of inspiration: who can say that trail blazers in sustainability like Boyan Slat and Joris Luyendijk come to give presentations at their job?;
- A very international and informal work environment with pretty awesome colleagues from 15+ different nationalities.
Excited? Then hit the apply button! We have a look through applications as they come in.
You can also send your application in Dutch!