Head of B2B
Sungevity is one of the world’s leading and fastest growing residential solar companies. Our success tracks to three priorities.
- We are obsessed with customer service and are committed to making the happiest customers in our, or any, industry.
- We are a technology-led business, renowned for inventing Remote Solar Design, and leading the solar industry with software innovations that make going solar easier and cheaper.
- Our business is designed to partner and grow with leading organizations.
Sungevity’s international office is based in Amsterdam, from where new international business is developed, and a fast-growing team of about 180 people work tirelessly to lead the "Rooftop Revolution". Our culture is fast-paced, passionate and fun. We have a “no drama” environment. We’re prepared for the fact that no two days will be similar on this adventure, and we’re committed to making the most of our opportunities, ourselves and each other.
What to expect?
The Head of BtBtC will be responsible for all projects that Sungevity executes in the BtBtC segment, which includes Social Housing corporations, Tenders/Group buying projects, Commercial Residential (real estate, construction) in The Netherlands and Belgium. The Head of BtC Netherlands will be responsible for the commercial performance (BtB deal origination, sales, contracted gross margin) and responsible for the overall development of the team.
The Head of BtBtC will be identifying and prioritizing potential BtB customers and strategic relationships, preparing business cases, conducting outreach, building relationships, negotiating, closing, and implementing partnership agreements. The position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
With your commercial skills you develop a funnel with opportunities in different market segments and build new channels to ensure growth in the BtBtC segment (30% of time). You lead a cross-functional department (20% of time). Program management is a big part of your job in which you manage multiple projects at the same time (40% of time). You will own the responsibility for the commercial performance of the team within a highly changing environment of the solar market (10% of time).
Outline of your tasks
- Develop a funnel with opportunities in the following market segments: WoCo’s, Auctions, Commercial Residential (real estate, construction), in The Netherlands and Belgium. This market segment is characterized by high volume/bulk projects where happy end users and operational efficiency in fulfillment is key to its success.
- New Channel Development: Capable of building new channels to ensure growth in the BtBtC segment, from origination to fulfillment (installer partners, sales channels e.g. D2D sales).
- Ability to develop a proposal/bid, based on financial calculations and supporting models that largely come from him/herself, assisted by available business case templates from the Finance department.
- Ability to take a lead in presenting bids to key accounts.
- Prepare business cases and financial models in collaboration with Finance.
- Capable of leading a negotiation with BtB customers and with suppliers.
- Negotiation and Influencing: Understand our mission and capable of translating the mission into convincing stories to colleagues, partners and future BtB customers. Can influence and negotiate using communication and interpersonal styles and techniques to inspire and guide colleagues, direct reports, and customers in order to achieve goals and acceptance of plans, ideas, products, etc.; modifying behaviors to accommodate individuals and situations; presenting rational arguments that use logic and reason; exploring alternatives and demonstrating effectively to obtain mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Ensure Legal compliance: Ensure that all contracting is done properly, adhering to the company’s policies with respect to data protection, minimum contracting requirements, etc.
- Development and maintenance of new and existing client/partner/channel relationships.
- Proven track record in identifying client needs; undertaking actions which meet/exceed client/partner expectations; and communicating to ensure understanding and on-going client/partner satisfaction.
- Program management: Capable of leading multiple projects at the same time, delegating activities to BtBtC colleagues in Sungevity and to (installation) partners.
- Good program and project management skills that allow the BtBtC unit to efficiently deliver on its targets.
- Prepare executive management presentations to management team on ad-hoc basis.
- Identify opportunities to develop additional products and/or efficiencies throughout the customer journey and value chain, managing projects to deliver upon these opportunities in close cooperation with the organisation, ensuring that the project/product results meet the anticipated marketing, technical and financial objectives.
- You have proven experience with account management;
- You have excellent program management skills;
- You are able to deal with ambiguity;
- You are able to communicate effectively in both English and Dutch.
- A versatile, independent and challenging job;
- A full-time contract with appropriate salary;
- A collective pension scheme;
- Working in a mission-driven business where social commitment and a drive for top-notch professional execution and realism go hand in hand;
- Heaps of inspiration: who can say that trail blazers in sustainability like Marjan Minnesma (Urgenda) and Jaap Korteweg (De Vegetarische Slager) come to give presentations at their job?;
- Working on a healthy lifestyle: a delicious lunch including a salad bar and boxing classes;
- A very international and informal work environment with pretty awesome colleagues from 15+ different nationalities.