Director Marketing & Sales B2C NL
Sungevity is one of the world’s leading and fastest growing residential solar companies. Our success tracks to three priorities.
- We are obsessed with customer service and are committed to making the happiest customers in our, or any, industry.
- We are a technology-led business, renowned for inventing Remote Solar Design, and leading the solar industry with software innovations that make going solar easier and cheaper.
- Our business is designed to partner and grow with leading organizations.
Sungevity’s international office is based in Amsterdam, from where new international business is developed, and a fast-growing team of about 180 people work tirelessly to lead the "Rooftop Revolution". Our culture is fast-paced, passionate and fun. We have a “no drama” environment. We’re prepared for the fact that no two days will be similar on this adventure, and we’re committed to making the most of our opportunities, ourselves and each other.
What to expect?
The Head of BtC Netherlands is responsible for the commercial performance of all Dutch BtC channels (lead generation, sales, and associated contracted gross margin) and for managing the Dutch B2C team and reports to the Chief Commercial Officer. Sungevity has built a strong presence in the Dutch market through strategic partnerships and its own direct-to-consumer channels. Cost effective customer acquisition, best in class customer journeys and overall sales excellence are key to secure market leadership.
Competencies & roles
Overall: We are looking for an experienced (10+ years) and well rounded commercial manager, with proven commercial skills and previous sales P&L accountability. The candidate must have strong marketing & sales expertise and be capable of leading and motivating a cross-functional department consisting of sales, marketing, and remote solar design specialists.
Network Team Management (approx. 40% of time)
- Leading and developing a strong customer oriented B2C organization, including developing industry leading marketing and sales skills;
- Directing, coaching and personal development of a growing team of ~30 people (including sales, marketing, and remote solar design specialists, partnership origination and process experts) to develop a performance culture;
- Implementing Sungevity’s B2C country strategy, by translating the strategy into smart goals and empowering team leaders and members to reach these goals by giving clear responsibilities and mandates.
Marketing & Channel Management (approx 30% of time)
- Well versed in (digital) marketing strategies and tactics, and multi channel management;
- Able to steer a diverse array of on- and offline channels effectively to reach agreed prospect and lead inflow targets;
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our product;
- Identify market opportunities to open up new channels, or target new attractive segments.
Sales Excellence ( approx 20% of time)
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team, coaching the Chapter Lead Sales on how to ensure performance delivery and maintaining a vibrant sales culture;
- Ensure the ongoing training of the sales team, developing the team through motivation, coaching and product knowledge education;
- Tracking sales goals and acting on arising (process, product, performance) issues in a timely fashion when necessary with structural solutions;
- Experience with (agile) IT project management from a business owner perspective.
Commercial Skills (10% of time)
- Direct a partner origination expert in building an origination funnel with new opportunities to partner with leading organizations with a large customer/member base that fit our target segment profile. Ability to take a lead in presenting, negotiating and winning bids to key accounts;
- Experienced in setting up and managing a winning pricing strategy;
- Ability to guide the development of a proposal/bid, based on financial calculations and supporting models, assisted by available business case templates from the Finance department;
- Ensure Legal and compliance: Ensure that all contracting is done properly, adhering to the company’s policies with respect to data protection, minimum contracting requirements, etc.
What we offer
- Ability to make a real impact - see our impact report;
- A blast to work at: fun colleagues, legendary parties, and great 'borrels';
- A challenging job in an energetic, mission-driven and fast growing company;
- Heaps of inspiration: presentations by (inter)national trail blazers in sustainability like Marjan Minnesma (Urgenda) and Jaap Korteweg (De Vegetarische Slager);
- A very international work environment with colleagues from all over the world;
- Working on a healthy lifestyle: a delicious daily lunch including a salad bar, boxing classes and yoga sessions.